There are millions of users of Facebook, which is one of the largest social media networks in the world. Through Facebook, millions of users keep in touch through Facebook Groups. Facebook Groups are extremely valuable and helpful and have the capability for great sharing. There are several reasons you may be considering deleting your Facebook group. Maybe some of your friends stopped using your Facebook group. Perhaps you think you are spending too much time on this platform. Maybe the plan did not go as planned, which is very common in social media. Follow these steps to delete your Facebook group.
How to Delete a Facebook Group on PC
There is a difference between the procedures for deleting a Facebook group based on your role within the group. You need to remove each participant from the group if you are the group’s creator before permanently deleting the group. When you are a group member but did not create it, you can leave the group and delete it from your profile. The group will remain live for other members who are actively participating. Let’s look at the steps to follow when using either of these methods with a PC.
You Can Delete a Facebook Group You Created By Following These Steps:
- Please log in to your Facebook account if you haven’t already done so.
- Choose “Groups” from the menu on the left-hand side of your News Feed, scroll down and click on the one you would like to delete.
- Choose the “Members” tab located below the group name.
- Select “Remove Member” from the three-dot menu next to the name of each member you wish to remove.
- Then click on “Confirm.”
- When you have removed all the group members, click the three-dot icon next to your name and then choose “Leave Group.”
Delete Group on Web Browser
The easiest way to access Groups on Facebook is to navigate to the “Groups” section of the home page.
- You will need to select the group you want to remove from your account.
- Then “Members” section can be found on the left-hand side of the page.
- Then click “More” button next to each member’s name, select “Remove from Group.” Press the “Confirm” button.
After that remove all members from the group, you will be able to select “More” next to your name.
How to Delete Facebook Group on Phone
You can read on to find out exactly what you need to do to delete your Facebook Group using the mobile app by following the steps outlined in this section. Unfortunately, there is no option to archive a Facebook group from the mobile app.
Delete a Group on Android
There is a slight difference in the Facebook app interface on an Android device. The instructions for deleting a group on an Android phone will vary from one phone to another.
The following steps will help you delete Facebook groups on an Android device:
- You are now ready to launch your Facebook app.
- There is an icon in the top right corner of the screen with three horizontal lines. Tap the icon.
- For a list of groups in which you participate, tap on “Groups” followed by “Your Groups.”
- To find the members of a group, you will need to tap on each member’s profile picture below the group’s name.
- Press the three-dot icon next to each member’s name to remove the member from the list.
Then, tap the shield icon and the white star icon once you have done this for all members and you are the only one left.
Delete Groups on iPhone
On your mobile device, you can also delete a Facebook group. However, it doesn’t look the same as it does on your computer.
Looking at the process on an iOS device, it seems.
- Make sure you are logged in with the account that owns the group you want to delete and open the Facebook app.
- Then select “hamburger” menu icon located at the bottom right of the screen
- Navigate to the “Groups” section
- You delete a group by selecting it from the list.
- Select “Members” from the drop-down menu
Choose each member and remove them from the group one by one. As mentioned previously, please do not remove them from other groups if requested or report any additional actions they may have taken.
Delete a New Group
You will need to follow these simple directions to delete a group using the new Facebook interface.
- Click on the “Groups” icon on the left side of the Facebook homepage to begin.
- You can delete a group from the Groups you manage section by clicking the group you want to delete.
- It is possible to see a list of your members by clicking the link below the name of your group.
- There will be the need to remove every member from the group before you can delete it. You can do it by clicking the three dots menu icon next to a member’s name.
- Click on the ‘Remove member’ option in the drop-down menu.
- It would help if you did this for every group member. You may need to do this for a while if many people are in the group.
- After doing this, click the three-dot menu icon next to your name to access the menu. From there, click the Leave Group option on the menu.
- To confirm, click Leave Group again. At least one Facebook group member must remain active to stay active.
9. As soon as you leave the group, the group will be deleted.
Delete a Classic group
To remove a group from your News Feed, tap on Groups on the left menu, then select the group you wish to remove from Groups You Manage or by searching for it.
- Click on the Members below the name of the group.
- Then the box next to each member’s name, click the three dots and select Remove member.
- You will now see the option to leave the group appear next to your name once you have removed the other members from the group.
If you’re looking for an easy way to close your Facebook group down, this article has all the information you need. We will cover how to delete a Facebook Group on both mobile and desktop devices. See what happens when someone leaves a group or gets removed, and how to start it up again if need be. Let us know in the comments below which of these methods worked best for you.
How to Pause a Group
You may be overreacting if you decide to delete a Facebook group altogether. Perhaps you want to pause activity temporarily for now. A Facebook group that can wait can prove extremely useful in this situation. If you break a Facebook group, you will pause joining and posting. Group admins are also unable to change anything other than the cover photo. However, they can remove content from the group. Users can view their posts as well.
How to Delete a Facebook Group 2020?
- Facebook will open.
- Click on Groups.
- Choose a group.
- Select the group you want to delete.
- Then you will be able to see the options by tapping on the shield admin button.
- You will have to scroll down and select Delete Group.
How to Delete a Facebook group 2021?
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Select the Groups to tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select a group.
- Locate the group you wish to delete and click on it.
- Select the shield admin button to pull up options.
- Click Delete Group at the bottom.
How to delete a Facebook group with thousands of members?
- To access the group management page, click on the Members heading in the main window.
- If you wish to remove members from the group, click the three dots next to their names, then select “remove from the group.”
You have to wait until you are the only person left in the group to delete the Facebook group.