Twitter is a powerful marketing tool for businesses; You may be asking yourself; how to change your Twitter username? Let us teach you the easy way. All it takes is changing one setting on your computer or mobile device and suddenly having another unique identity for yourself! But wait, there’s more. Did we say this was simple? We lied – because now that everything has changed in such a meaningful way (you’re not just using any old handle), don’t forget to take advantage of what comes next: getting new handles tailored exclusively just for you.
Is it Possible to change your Twitter handle?
Yes, if you’re tired of the same old Twitter handle, there’s always an option for a new one. Unlike Instagram, which only allows two changes per day on their platform and has restrictions about how long your username can be to make it confusingly lengthy like some other social media sites’ handles (30+ characters), changing your Twitter address should not pose any issues whatsoever. All tweets will still come back at us automatically! It may take up until 24 hours after making these updates before everything goes live again.
Read Also: Twitter Verification
Suggestions for Selecting a Twitter username.
- Make sure your Twitter username is not too long
- Use a name that people can remember and associate with you
- Stay away from numbers, symbols, or anything that might be offensive to some people
- Don’t use your email address as your Twitter username because it’s easy for someone to guess and hack into it
- Avoid using any words in the title of your blog post as your Twitter username because they’re already taken
- You don’t have to include all parts of your name if it’s too long, but make sure you put something memorable in there so people can recognize you easily.
Steps to Change your Twitter Username.
- Click on the “Settings” tab in the top right corner of your profile page, then scroll down and select “Edit Profile.”
- Next, you will see an option for changing your account name – it is located under your bio section
- Click on that option and then type in the new username that you would like to use for this account (or leave it blank if you want to keep using the same one)
- Once you have typed in the new desired account name, click “Save Changes.” That’s all there is to it!
- As Twitter is growing in terms of the number of users, so does the confusion. Newbies are coming up with questions like ‘How to get more followers on Twitter for change their username. We all know that Twitter allows us to change our username once every 30 days, but did you know that there are other ways to change your username?
- Twitter has many loopholes that can be used for a username change. Let’s look at them one by one:
How to Change your Twitter Username on a Phone?
It’s a common occurrence to want to change your Twitter username, but it can be very confusing and challenging to do so. This article will show you how to change your Twitter username on the phone in three simple steps:
- Log in to the app or website and find your settings.
- Select “Profile”
- Change the handle of the account.
- Save changes by selecting “Update Profile.”
Now that you know how easy it is go ahead and update your profile!
How to Change your Twitter Username on a Desktop/Laptop?
So you want to change your Twitter username? You’re not alone. Many people have changed their Twitter handle for various reasons. Some people are trying to get away from an embarrassing tweet, while others may be separating their personal and professional lives on a social media website. Whatever your reason is, here’s how you can change it in just a few steps!
There are two ways that you can go about doing this: through the desktop site or the mobile app. If you’re using a laptop or desktop computer, then I recommend following these elementary steps below to make things easier on yourself:
- Go onto twitter.com
- Click “Settings”
- Select “Update Your Twitter Name”